Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
The Scarecrows’ Wedding
- Publisher – Alison Green Books
- Suitable for 3 – 4 years
- By Julia Donaldson (author) and Axel Scheffler (illustrator)
- The Scarecrows’ Wedding is a wonderfully heartwarming picture book from the creators ofThe GruffaloandStick Man.
- Written in Julia Donaldson’s glorious rhyme and illustrated in glowing colour by Axel Scheffler, The Scarecrows’ Weddingis a fabulous love story, with drama, humour, originality – and a happy ending!
- Two scarecrows, Betty O’Barley and Harry O’Hay, are planning the perfect wedding.
- But wicked scarecrow, Reginald Rake, has other ideas and almost ruins their special day.
- Harry must become a hero before he and Betty can have the wedding of their dreams.
- A wonderfully funny story from the author and illustrator of The Gruffalo, Stick Man and ZOG , which have all been made into animated films shown onBBC1